Finding it difficult to win the ‘new normal’ at your business organisation? Well, the entire world, along with the business organisations, is experiencing a state of flux. They all have been functional, but with a dramatic change, as work from home strategies took place, manufacturers were overwhelmed by the demand that they were finding hard to meet. All of the organisations struggled to stretch their cash for a period that could extend to time, not in sync with what was initially imagined. With RPA automation during Covid19, businesses have been able to minimise disruptions and meet their goals. In fact, Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, said earlier this year that there will be two years worth of digital transformation in two months.
It is obvious that businesses can’t simply sit on the fence as the search for Covid-19 vaccine begins. They need to adapt to the new normal in order to ensure business continuity and boost operational efficiency. That’s where robotic process automation comes in. By deploying robotic process automation bots, you will be able to make business processes faster, cheaper, and better.
How To Implement Robotic Process Automation During Covid-19?
Want to reap robotic process automation benefits? Following an implementation plan can make things easier for you. Here is a six-step process that you can adopt in order to easily implement RPA and automate processes at your organisation.
- Learn: The first step acts as the foundation of your RPA success. At this stage, you will get to learn more about what RPA can help you achieve, what kind of tasks and processes can be automated, and how it can help you to scale your business.
- Identify Tasks: Once you are aware of what RPA can do, chances are high that you will want to automate every possible thing. But that’s certainly not the wisest thing to do. At this stage, you must identify mundane and repetitive tasks that are time-consuming for your employees.
- Select Initial Use Case: Even though you want to automate quite a few processes, it is wise to start with one. During this phase, choose one process that will help you save time, boost productivity, and reduce errors when automated.
- RPA Solution Trial: This is the phase where you go ahead and try different RPA solutions to find the best one. Ideally, you should look for vendors who can help you meet your organisational needs and offer end-to-end support.
- Measure Results: Once you have decided the key metric to measure success, you should be able to measure results without any problem. This is the time to compare the ROI based on hours saved, improved accuracy, and minimized human intervention.
- Expand & Repeat: Now that you are happy with the results of your pilot use case, it’s time to select other processes and see if you can automate those as well. While automating those processes, you will need to follow these six steps again.
Want to know more about what kind of challenges you might face while implementing Robotic Process Automation? Here are the top 5 robotic process automation implementation challenges before you start investing your time and money in deploying RPA.
How Can Businesses Benefit From Using Robotic Process Automation During Covid19?
Here are some Robotic Process Automation benefits that businesses across industries can take advantage of during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Save Dollars: The most significant aspect of what benefit RPA brings is cost-efficiency. RPA cost-benefit analysis provides a vivid picture of how this is achieved. Deploying a few bots in a short period and gradually analysing the amount of manual time and effort being saved and observing the quantity and quality of work product, invites a higher ROI than one can get involving human effort in those mundane tasks.
- Speed Up Tasks: RPA’s astounding capability to slash the time spent on a mundane task is imperative during Covid 19. Lost time can even lead to loss of life. RPA helps manufacturers and healthcare institutions to keep a check for medical supplies that otherwise may not be effectively handled, given the stressful situations workers are in amid the pandemic.
- Maintain Accuracy: RPA bots bring accuracy and reduce the error margin that ranges somewhere between 8-10% in case of repetitive tasks. Improved accuracy and error-free quality of tasks is essential today.
- RPA Benefits for Employees: When business organisations understand that any repetitive/rule-based task has the potential to be automated, employees can be redeployed into more high-priority, high-value work. This not only increases the morale of the employees but motivates employees to reach their maximum potential. RPA also works collaboratively with humans.
- Making Employees Feel Normal In The New Normal: Businesses are facing extreme dynamics as the employees continue to work from home and adapt to the new normal. With the missing on-site interactions and communications, chatbots are assisting in answering employee questions related to internal operations, etc.
Here is a detailed article on Robotic Process Automation use cases that shows how businesses can efficiently use ROI and do more with less.
With Covid – 19 pandemic, the whole world came to a halt and when lives are at stake, tedious processes and a pile of paper-work is the last thing a front line worker needs right now. In this safer at home interview, Automation Anywhere talks to Dr. Yan Chow, Sr. Director and Global Industry Leader for Healthcare, about how Automation Anywhere RPA is helping in the fight against COVID-19.
5 Ways Robotic Process Automation Can Help Healthcare Organisations During Covid19
Adopting Robotic Process Automation doesn’t only help healthcare organisations to simplify processes but also allows frontline workers to spend time doing what matters the most i.e. providing care to patients. Here are 5 ways how RPA deployment is helping health organisations across the globe to fight against Covid19.
- Covid19 Diagnosis: By creating and utilizing mobile surveys, an initial diagnosis is completed and then data is transferred to the hospital's core platform. This keeps data transparent and easily accessible by concerned authorities as and when required. As a result, diagnosis time reduces and data specialists can focus on analysing data rather than spending time on checking data accuracy.
- Health Screening: Health tracking/monitor applications store the status of all the employees along with patients. So, at the time of emergencies or unforeseen situations, businesses can take immediate remedial action and ward off any danger.
- Contact Tracing: Automate the data considering a large number of people being quarantined by regularly updating the Covid19 portal and application. This not only gives information about the area but also provides details of any first-level contacts of a Covid19 positive person.
- Employee Health Tracking: Employees benefit from an organisation tracking their health conditions. A hospital needs to take care of its employees amid the pandemic and at the same time not straining them too much. These Health tracking applications maintain logs about employees who have been infected, who need quarantining, and who are in good shape.
- Patient Registration: Due to the Covid19 pandemic, hospitals are making use of applications that help ease the patient registration process. Nurses find it easy when they know amid all the chaos, which patient they need to cater to first.
This pandemic is now considered as an inflection point for automation, predicting that total spend on RPA will move up to $25 Billion by 2025, as compared to $3.6 billion today. One of the biggest reasons for why a business automates its operations is for optimizing costs. RPA cost-benefit analysis helps them quantify the value generated.
Experts from Nobel Laureates to strategists warn us of a Global Recession and with almost 85% of the Robotic Process Automation market being untapped, businesses are anyhow diving into automation since it is cheap, faster, and smarter. NeeVista can help you to find the best RPA vendor and fight Covid19 while digitising your business.
An iterative approach towards the deployment of RPA should be the aim. Perfect automation takes time and will not be visible in a short period. But when it is scalable and repeatable, successful RPA functioning is observed. Businesses across industries have begun leveraging RPA as it is easier to keep track and maintain a healthy work environment where productivity does not take a toll. From Cost efficiency to speed, from health management to tracing, RPA has changed the game once and for all. Since consumers, clients are adapting and changing to a new lifestyle and working from home being the new – normal, RPA as a cost-effective technology will be ready to serve them, every time!
Tags : Covid19, Robotic Process Automation, Benefits of Robotic Process Automation, RPA benefits for businesses, RPA benefits for healthcare organisations.