Is the buzz around robotic process automation (RPA) even real? Or, is it one of those over-hyped technologies that fade over time? Well, before having a pick, take a sneak peek into how robotic process automation use cases are transforming the way businesses operate. In fact, the payback for RPA stands at an average 20% of full-time equivalent capacity offered by robots. The benefits of RPA adoption extend beyond automating repetitive and mundane tasks. With RPA, you can actually improve productivity, boost accuracy, and upgrade compliance at the same time.
Be it invoice processing or patient scheduling or network management, you are behind the eight ball without robotic process automation. In this article, you will get to know about how robotic process automation can be effectively used in healthcare, banking, telecom, IT operations, and manufacturing.
What Is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
What is meant by robotic process automation? Robotic Process Automation is a technology application that allows businesses to create software robots that can learn, replicate, and execute rule-based tasks. Think of these bots as people executing tasks according to a defined set of instructions. You can easily configure these robots using RPA tools. Be it communication, transaction, or data manipulation, RPA bots can do it with precision round the clock.
Wondering why use bots when you can have your employees do the job? Well, Robotic Process Automation solutions free your employees from tedious tasks, delivers consistent outputs and completes tasks faster. Impressive, right? Here are some of the most widely used applications of RPA. These use cases will help you understand how you can use process automation to get more done with less.
14 Robotic Process Automation Use Cases
Be it patient scheduling, processing loans, or controlling inventory, Robotic Process Automation can help you reduce human error, improve process efficiencies, and increase throughput at the same time. Here are some of the top Robotic Process Automation use cases that can help you to scale your business.
Robotic Process Automation Use Cases In Healthcare
Want to deliver a seamless experience to patients? These RPA use cases show how tedious tasks like appointment scheduling, inventory check, etc. can be easily streamlined at your healthcare facility. Once these processes are automated, tasks will be completed faster and free from errors.
Don’t know what an RPA application in healthcare looks like in real life? Let’s walk through this example together. A general hospital in Europe handling more than 300K + patients annually was struggling with streamlining record management. All the records were paper-based and used to be updated manually. Introducing a digital system helped them to maintain a streamlined and error-free patient database with minimal effort. And, they reduced the amount of unused supplies by 30% by automating the inventory management system record. Some of the best robotic process automation use cases that healthcare facilities across the globe are adopting today include:
1. Patient Scheduling: With the help of healthcare applications, online scheduling has made it much easier to book an appointment at your convenient time. From generating an appointment request to emailing reports, robotic process automation can pretty much automate every manual task. In the current scenario, you can simply choose your time slot as per your availability and schedule a visit.
2. Effective Process Management: A healthcare administrator often spends an entire day processing claims and billings. As you deploy robotic process automation bots, you will be able to speed up data processing for insurance claims. The latest research shows that up to 40% of insurance claims don’t even meet the compliance requirements. Be it identifying regulatory non-compliance or data processing and evaluation, RPA can accelerate the process.
3. Discharging & Healthcare Cycle Improvement: Ever had a patient who forgot to adhere to the post-discharge guidelines? RPA bots can be effectively used to send reminders and recommend follow-up appointments They can also notify the healthcare provider in case the patients need immediate assistance. Moreover, RPA bots can easily analyse large volumes of data and provide you insights into diagnosis gaps.
Want to gain detailed insights into how RPA can help you to transform processes at your healthcare organisation? Read this article on the benefits of implementing RPA in healthcare to know more.
RPA Use Cases In Banking
Be it KYC verification and loan processing, banks and financial institutions struggle with processing the data because of the volume that they receive it in. With RPA bots, banks can easily streamline tasks while maintaining compliance and keeping data secure. This helps them in delivering a smooth experience to customers and reducing the burden on their employees.
Let’s take this RPA use case example for understanding RPA application in banking better. A banking corporation in Southeast Asia was struggling with offering re-priced home loans based on the eligibility of the customers. With RPA deployment, the repricing time was reduced by 97%. This led to improved customer satisfaction and greater efficiency. Such is the power of robotic process automation. Here are some of the most widely used banking RPA use cases for you to get an idea of how you can improve business efficiency.
1. Processing & Validating Loans: Extracting information from loan applications, processing them, and validating them for approval or rejection is a time-consuming affair. RPA bots can easily take up this task of auto-extracting data and cross-checking them. This will help your executives to make quicker decisions. They can also facilitate the act of sending reminders to those who haven’t complied with regulations.
2. KYC & Customer Verification: Banking and financial institutions often struggle with the KYC and customer verification process. RPA bots can handle KYC processes efficiently while reducing processing time and improving security. With the help of robotic process automation, you can easily bring all the relevant documents on one screen to examine and verify the client details.
3. Audits & QA Processing: Be it year-end audit or running quality assurance process, you have to do more in less time. Robotic process application bots can help you by sending the year-end balances of your customers to the audit executive. Also, they can help you detect anomalies in your data.
Robotic Process Automation Use Cases In Telecom
With 5G transformation in the Telecom Industry, it has become crucial for the Telecom network providers to serve their customers with a seamless experience and uninterrupted customer service. RPA doesn’t only help these Telecom organisations reduce cost but also to boost customer service & increase operational efficiency. Here are some of the Robotic process automation use cases in the Telecom industry.
1. Network Management: As the capacity of these Telecom industries rose, a huge amount of data is being transferred between devices, applications, and users. RPA helps to manage this network by efficiently re-keying the data, navigating complex applications, and to retrieve the relevant customer-related information. Hence, resulting in improved networking infrastructure.
2. Customer Service: As the customer base expands, it is of utmost importance that every request is catered to within a specified time frame. RPA automates this simple process and because of its availability 24*7, provides information to the employees instantly based on analysing the type of request generated by the user.
3. Data Transformation: Since a huge chunk of data is collected and stored, RPA supports and offers the solution of analysing and then henceforth, providing a vivid insight into what next can be done.
Apart from the above three Robotic Process Automation use cases, customer on-boarding, purchase order processing, etc., are a few more.
RPA Use Cases In IT Operations
The IT landscape has been rapidly changing with technological transformation across the globe. Nevertheless, some of the most important IT operations processes heavily rely on human involvement. Robotic Process Application can be used for the purpose of streamlining these processes and therefore reducing overheads. Here are some of the use cases that IT operations around the world are adopting for better efficiency.
1. Password Resets: One of the most time-consuming tasks for help desks is helping customers to reset passwords. The repeatable requests for password requests throughout the day can be easily automated with RPA bots. This ensures greater customer satisfaction and compliance with stringent cyber regulations.
2. Seamless User Account Management: Managing accurate information about customers continues to be a challenge for IT organisations. This requires you to employ technical staff and manage increasing operational costs. The cost goes up as your organisation grows and hires more employees. With RPA bots, your organisation can automate these processes and save organisational costs as well.
3. Customer Service & Support: The importance of customer support desk in building and maintaining your reputation is next to none. By automating self-service processes for common customer requests, you will be able to boost customer satisfaction with reduced resolution times.
RPA Use Cases In Manufacturing
Manufacturers across the globe are shifting to employing bots in order to reduce time and save money for different processes such as order fulfillment, shipping, and production-related tasks as well. Here are some of the most widely used robotic process automation use cases that manufacturing industries can benefit from.
1. Assembly Line Processing: With the help of RPA software, a manufacturer can easily find out the error rate while creating a product. They can seamlessly manage all the machines and keep a check as to which machine is about to invite wear and tear or which is working at full capacity.
2. Inventory Control: When performed manually, controlling inventory can be a labour-intensive and time-consuming job. Constant variability and differences in supplier delivery and customer demand requirements can result in a lack of predictability. This leads to inefficient inventory turnover. All these challenges can be easily mitigated with RPA bots automating procurement processes, digitalisation of paperwork, automated invoice generation and recognition, inventory level monitoring, and so on.
The above-mentioned RPA use cases help you to get a comprehensive idea about how you can benefit from Robotic Process Automation. It is evident that no repetitive task will be left for human labour as we progress in the 21st Century but rather for an automated software robot, enhanced with AI and NLP doing those same tasks, more efficiently, effectively, and with near-perfection. RPA utilising Machine Learning and AI is also known as Intelligent Process Automation. In fact, the latest research by Gartner shows that 90% of large corporations will be adopting some form of RPA by 2022 for the purpose of improving scalability.
Things can get a little technical as you start automating different processes irrespective of your organization. That’s why our RPA solution experts are here to help you choose the best RPA vendor along with creating as well as executing a plan that is right for your business. Call us on 0424 357 817 today to transform your business with robotic process automation.
Tags : Robotic Process Automation, Robotic Process Automation Use Cases, robotic process automation use cases in healthcare, robotic process automation use cases in banking, robotic process automation use cases in telecom, rpa use case examples, rpa use cases in IT operations, rpa use cases in manufacturing, rpa use cases in banking